Anavatos

Anavatos is a Medieval - Byzantine tower-village in the central region of Chios. It is quite impressive as it plunges into a large granite rock at the top of the cliff. Although it is a deserted village, it still preserves its history, a sensation often encountered by visitors when wondering through its stone-paved streets.

It is a historic site, as it played an important role in the Greek War of Independence (1821) and the Massacre of 1822.

The Church of the Taxiarchis (the Archangel) is well preserved and stands out amidst this living ghost-town.

Not far from the wall's only gate, there is an overbearing structure which protrudes amongst the buildings along the east side. It is the so called "Three-storey" building, consisting of an olive oil press, school and water reservoir and the Church of the Theotokos (the Virgin Mary).

Αρχειακό Υλικό

Επισκεφθείτε την ιστοσελίδα της πρώην Νομαρχιακής Αυτοδιοίκησης Χίου πατώντας εδώ.

Για την ιστοσελίδα "100 Χρόνια Χίος Ελευθέρα", πατήστε εδώ.

Το Chios.gr είναι η επίσημη τουριστική ιστοσελίδα της Χίου και λειτουργεί υπό την αιγίδα της Περιφέρειας Βορείου Αιγαίου - Περιφερειακής Ενότητας Χίου με σκοπό την παροχή πληροφοριών σχετικών με τους τουριστικούς προορισμούς του νησιού, τα αξιοθέατα, τις παραλίες, τις δραστηριότητες και πολλά ακόμα!

Δεν επιτρέπεται η αναπαραγωγή ολόκληρου ή μέρους της ιστοσελίδας, χωρίς έγγραφη άδεια από την Π.Ε. Χίου.

greece

mygreece

Διαβάστε για τη Χίο στο
Χίος

pvaigaiou

pou-na-meinete

Επικοινωνία: Τμήμα Τουρισμού Περιφερειακής Ενότητας Χίου | Τηλέφωνα : 22713-50514 & 22713-50516 | FAX: 22713-50517 | Emailtourismos@chios.pvaigaiou.gov.gr