Traveling to Chios Island
You can travel to Chios by air or by boat. There are daily flights from Athens and almost daily flights from Thessaloniki. Basically, you can reach Chios from anywhere in the world via Athens International Airport or Thessaloniki.
There are ferries connecting Chios to Athens (Piraeus & Lavrio), Kavala, Lesvos, Limnos, Agios Efstratios, Samos, Ikaria and Tsesme (in Turkey). In the summer, connections to Paros or Naxos might be added. There are also ferries to the other islands of the Regional Unit of Chios, Oinousses and Psara.*Chios Regional Unit is not responsible for any changes of the info above.
Chios Airport “Omiros”
Telephone number: +30 22710 81400
From Athens and from Thessloniki
- Olympic Air - Telephone number: 801 801 0101 & +30 210 3550500
- Aegean Airlines - Telephone number: 801 11 20000 , +30 210 6261000 Website: www.aegeanair.com
- Astra Airlines - Telephone number: 801 700 7466, +30 2310 489390
- Sky Express - Telephone number: +30 2810 223800
From Limnos, Mytilene, Samos, Rhodes
- Sky Express – Telephone numbe: +30 2810 223800
Chios Port Authority
There are daily ferries connecting Chios island with Piraeus and Mytilene . There is also ferry connection between Lavrio port in Attica and Mesta Port in Chios. You can travel to Chios from Samos, Ikaria, Agios Efstratios, Limnos and Kavala, as well as from the islands of the regional unit of Chios, Oinousses and Psara.
The ferry schedules change depending on the season. For up-to-date information, it is best to check the schedules directly with the ferry companies or your travel agent..
Ferry Boat Companies (operating on all the aforementioned connections)
- Blue Star Ferries - Τηλέφωνο: 18130 & 210 8919800 -Website: www.bluestarferries.gr
Search for ferry schedules: http://www.openseas.gr/
Apart from the aforementioned, if you wish to travel to Oinousses, you can also contact:
Sunrise Tours – Website: www.sunrisetours.gr
- Sunrise Tours - www.sunrisetours.gr
- Eturk Lines - www.erturk.com.tr
- Turyol - http://www.turyolonline.com/
* The Regional Unit of Chios and www.chios.gr are not responsible for mistakes or changes in the schedules. .